Weatherscan does not feature on-air talent of any kind or any reality television programming. LocalWeather Radar is constantly on display, and regional weather radar occasionally rotates on the large frame with a graphical local forecast, weather almanac and record display, ultraviolet index, health weathe forecast.
Weatherscan is available in many major markets throughout the United States, but its availability is not geographically as prevalent as The Weather Channel. Weatherscan is also not as prevalent on all tiers of services, for example on some cable providers. Comcast xfinity received many complaints when they seemingly removed WeatherScan from their channel lineup. In fact, WeatherScan is available on full-fledged cable boxes that include the on-screen programming guide. WeatherScan is not available on the smaller digital adapter boxes.
Many cable providers offer Weatherscan on their digital tiers only, although a few providers carry Weatherscan on their basic tier (where The Weather Channel is also offered).
Many viewers believe Weatherscan should be part of all basic cable service and higher service tiers because it involves life safety issues.
Weatherscan promotion from The Weather Channel.
The Weatherscan Advantage, according to The Weather Channel -- weather.com
Superior weather forecasting powered by proprietary forecast on demand technology
Provides viewers with hyper-local experience 24/7/365
Current weather conditions and forecasts always available
Vital resource during sevre weather with localized real-time alerts
Localized emergency preparedness information during severe weather from local emergency management
Unrivaled access to detailed radar information
City ticker with current conditions and forecasts for surrounding cities, area of interest and airport delays
Some comments about missing Weatherscan ...
- uhh comcast canceled weatherscan apparently?! this is bulls*%t. where do i get my weather and my smooth tunes now????
- Why have they been making Weatherscan so much harder to get? Stupid cable companies have added it to their "expanded basic" cable and you have to pay extra. WHY? And why is the weather channel more about TV shows than the actual weather? BRING BACK THE OLD WEATHER CHANNEL PLEASE!!! I'm a self proclaimed addict lol.
- I began watching the weather channel and loved (a frequently needed) the "local on the 8's" feature. I am SO disappointed that often there is no "local on the 8's" to be seen because of boring and repetitive shows. I really wish local on the 8's with radar could at least be shown in a pip format. Streaming the info on the bottom of the screen is worthless when there is severe weather in the area. Please fix this at once or risk loosing increasing numbers of your audiance.
- What happened to weatherscan channel 49 verizon fios for the philadelphia area. Now channel 49 is The Weather Channel. Most of us do not care about the weather. Across the country. Local on the 8's is a joke. The most local it gets for us is the Northeast portion of the country!!!! This is no good bring back local weatherscan !!!!!
- Why can we no longer see the local forecast for our area running along the bottom of the screen of the TV. We see weather conditions all over the country but none for our local area any more. When Local on the 8 comes on it shows weather nationwide not locally. Can't get a local forecast anymore. What's going on?
- Same problem here.....all of a sudden we are getting weather for Indiana, Oak Lawn, Homewood.....what happened to the local weather for Joliet and Romeoville areal......Please correct this ASAP....this is really not helpful at all......a 30 mile difference is huge in what actually happens.....weather channel and weather scan are now BOTH completely useless to get actual local weather from.
- Don't watch the weather channel anymore. The local weather is not local, just a rehash of radar blips over the whole USA. To many "war stories" and not enough weather. Get with it WC or lose more of your viewers.
- Kill all the non-weather garbage please, it's becoming ridiculous
- Just a few days ago, one of the mostly needed channels is gone from the channel line-up, Weatherscan channel # 101 in nw suburburbs, it was on the non-hd channels section, but was a 24 hour weather channel themed weather radar for current weather radar, but now its gone, lots of people not to happy, and of course the very tallented people at comcast could have programmed something on that channel to inform everyone of the change, if its re-located to another ch number, they could have left ch 101 there with detailed info for a few days, nope, it was totally deleted, and no extra info for anyone...... All I can say, it's Scamtastic !!!
- Why would you get rid of the weather scan on channel 101? It is one of the most used channels on our system, and apparently on many others' systems as well.